church of Saint Dominic
A brief description.
The Dominicans came to Noto (Netum) on Sicilian 1344. Their church, dedicated to Saint Dominic, was destroyed by an very heavy earthquake with sixty thousands victims on 11 January 1693.
A new town was built on another place. Also the church of the Dominicans, dedicated to Saint Dominic between 1703-1722 with a facade by R. Gagliardi in 1732-1736. and a priory.
Italy 1988, Mi 2047, Sc 1739.
Return to REGISTER B return to HOMEPAGE