former Dominican priory and church
For the early history of the Dominicans in Poland, click here.
A brief description.
The founder of the priory of the Dominicans in Piotrków was king Kazimierz Wielki (1333-1370).
The gothic church was rebuilt in 17th and 18th century. After the countermand of the Dominican Order in 1864 it became a parish church.
The former Dominican church in Piotrków, south of
Lodz, is now parish church, dedicated to Saint
Hyacinth of Poland and Saint Dorothy.
Poland 1967, postal card.
Return to REGISTER B Return to HOMEPAGE